The community of San Bernardino is situated in the Riverside-San Bernardino metro area, also known as the Inland Empire.
The city, which serves as the San Bernardino County seat, spans more than 80 square miles and has a population of nearly 210,000 people. It is the 17th largest city in the state of California, and serves as an international hub for many countries in Southern California, with consulates from Mexico and Guatemala setting up in the city.
The varied industries across the Inland Empire mean that it is home to a robust, diverse workforce of professionals, some of which may face discrimination in the workplace, such as age discrimination.
Age Discrimination in California
For the most part, age discrimination in the workplace targets a specific group of people – typically those over age 40 – who are treated unfairly or unfavorable as a result of their age.
According to the California Fair Employment and Housing Act, employers are prohibited from engaging in discriminatory behavior based on age. The legislation also imposes liability on organizations that violate the law, but that has not stopped thousands of older professionals from enduring cases of age discrimination every year.
Age discrimination can occur in a number of ways, but will typically involve professionals over 40 years old who are:
- Laid off, fired or forced to quit due to their age
- Passed over for promotion due to age
- Demoted or face reduced pay/hours due to their age
- Not getting hired as a result of age
- Offered inferior benefits, pay or work assignments based on their age
- Subjected to employers’ guidelines or practices that actively discriminate against them due to their age
Generally, most age discrimination cases involve professionals who are mistreated or even terminated, by a younger supervisor. However, we know this does not have to be the case, since business owners and supervisors can certainly be the same age, or older, than those they discriminate against.
Age Discrimination Lawyers in Southern California
If you or someone you know has faced discrimination in the workplace due to your age, or if you believe you are being discriminated against due to age, it is in your best interest to contact an employment discrimination attorney, who can help you explore your legal options and protect your future interests.
If you reside in Los Angeles, the attorneys at Broslavsky & Weinman, LLP can assist you in your age discrimination case. Our legal team is dedicated to assisting victims of age discrimination to obtain the justice they deserve. We will work with you to examine all avenues before devising the best strategy possible to recover compensation or other damages that you may be entitled to.
You have the right to a safe workplace, free from all forms of harassment. Let our legal team work with you to hold those accountable today. To schedule a complimentary preliminary consultation to examine your case, call the attorneys at. Broslavsky & Weinman, LLP at (310) 575-2550.
Directions to Broslavsky & Weinman, LLP, 11620 Wilshire Boulevard #900, Los Angeles, CA 90025, United States from San Bernardino, CA
These directions are from Google Maps starting from:
San Bernardino, CA
Total Est. Time: 1 h 17 min
Total Est. Distance: 76.5 mi
- Get on I-215 N
- Head west on W 5th St toward N Mayfield Ave
- Turn right onto the Interstate 215 N ramp
- Take CA-210 W, I-210 W, I-605 S, CA-60 W, and I-10 W to Wilshire Blvd in Los Angeles County. Take exit 55B-C from I-405 N
- Merge onto I-215 N
- Take exit 46A to merge onto CA-210 W toward Pasadena
- Continue onto I-210 W
- Use the right 2 lanes to take the Interstate 605 S exit
- Merge onto I-605 S
- Use the right 2 lanes to take exit 19 to merge onto CA-60 W/Pomona Fwy toward Los Angeles
- Keep left to continue on CA-60 W, follow signs for Interstate 10 W/Santa Monica
- Merge onto I-10 W
- Use the right 2 lanes to take exit 3A to merge onto I-405 N toward Sacramento
- Take exit 55B-C for Wilshire Boulevard E
- Keep left at the fork, follow signs for Wilshire Blvd W and merge onto Wilshire Blvd
- Merge onto Wilshire Blvd
Destination will be on the left
Call us today 310-575-2550
We are located at:
Broslavsky & Weinman, LLP, 11620 Wilshire Boulevard #900,
Los Angeles, CA 90025, United States