Employment and Labor Attorneys in Los Angeles
Your job is your livelihood. All employees deserve a working environment where their legal rights are respected and protected. Loss of a job or mistreatment in the workplace can be financially and emotionally distressing or even devastating.
At Broslavsky & Weinman, LLP, our employment lawyers are committed to defending the rights of employees who have suffered injustice at work. When employers violate California or federal employment laws, we help employees fight back against illegal practices and pursue all available remedies.
Effective and Experienced Representation by Employment Attorneys for Employee Rights
The Los Angeles employment attorneys at Broslavsky & Weinman, LLP have years of experience handling all aspects of employment disputes. We believe that every employee is entitled to be treated in accordance with the law, and our firm is dedicated to the representation of individuals in their pursuit of justice. Our Los Angeles employment lawyers represent employees who have been unlawfully fired, subjected to job discrimination, retaliation or harassment, cheated on their wages, or victimized by a range of other unlawful workplace practices.
We only take on cases where we believe our clients are on the right side of the facts and law. Once we accept an employment case, we dedicate the time and resources required to achieve the best result possible. Our employment and labor lawyers have successfully litigated against employers across all types of industries and of all sizes, ranging from multi-billion dollar corporations to small businesses.
Types of Employment Cases Broslavsky & Weinman, LLP Handles
Los Angeles employment attorneys at Broslavsky & Weinman, LLP have vast experience in many types of employment matters, including but not limited to:
- Wrongful Termination. Wrongful termination occurs when an employee is terminated or forced to quit for an unlawful reason, such as in violation of anti-retaliation laws, in violation of anti-discrimination or harassment laws, or in violation of an employment agreement.
- Sexual Harassment. Sexual harassment can come in many forms, including unwanted sexual advances, sending sexual emails/text messages, or making sexual slurs, jokes, or comments, whether directed at or witnessed by an employee.
- Employment Discrimination. California and federal law prohibit employers from discriminating based on disability, age, pregnancy, gender, race, and other protected characteristics including religion, sexual orientation, and marital status.
- Wage & Hour Violations. Wage and hour claims include failure to pay for all hours worked, failure to pay legally required wages, and misclassification of employees as independent contractors or as exempt.
- Whistleblower. Employers are prohibited from retaliating against an employee for reporting an illegal conduct to a government agency or to the employer itself.
- Breach of Contract & Fraud. These types of claims include an employer violating the terms of an employment agreement, or convincing an employee to take a job by making false promises.
Personalized Approach to Representation
Every employment law claim is unique and personal to the employee, and it is important to adapt and find the best solution for the particular circumstances and needs of the client. We accordingly personalize our approach and develop strategies designed to maximize the value of every employment and labor law case.
Our employment attorneys will work with you at every stage to resolve your labor law claim. Because we understand that litigation can be time-consuming and sometimes difficult for the client, we may seek to resolve disputes early when practicable and when the client desires quick resolution. However, when litigation or trial is necessary and in the best interest of the client, our Los Angeles labor attorneys aggressively litigate the case. Our goal remains the same: work with you to achieve the best outcome possible.
Contact Los Angeles Labor & Employment Lawyers for Free Case Consultation
If you believe that your employer has acted unlawfully or violated any of your rights, contact one of our Los Angeles employment attorneys for a free consultation. Call us today at (310) 575-2550 or fill out the online contact form for a prompt response.