Los Angeles False Advertising Attorney
False advertising occurs when businesses or companies publish deceptive or untruthful information about a product or service they offer. Typically, false advertising is motivated by companies’ attempts to maximize sales and profits by lying or concealing facts about the items being sold or the pricing of them.
Given that false advertising usually impacts many consumers, these claims are commonly brought against businesses as class actions, meaning that consumers with the same or similar claims join the action or lawsuit against the business.
At Broslavsky & Weinman, LLP, our Los Angeles false advertising attorneys are skilled in class action litigation and represent consumers against companies who falsely advertise their products or services.
Common Types of False Advertising
False advertising can take many forms, with some of the most common ways including (but not limited to):
- Misrepresenting Products, which involves products being misleadingly labeled, not having certain qualities/characteristics that they were advertised to have, or simply not working the way they were supposed to work.
- Misrepresenting Services, which involves services not being provided as advertised.
- Deceptive contracts, which can include unconscionable clauses, ambiguous terms and/or fine print that can be easily overlooked or misunderstood by consumers.
- Deceptive pricing, which can involve advertising products or services at low prices and then charging a higher price or additional fees or using false “compare” prices to make it seem that the products are being offered on sale/at a discount when they are not.
- Failure to disclose, important information about a product or service.
The available legal remedies against companies that engage in false advertising can include (but may not be limited to):
- Compensation for their losses, including potentially the cost of the good/service
- Court orders to stop the business from running the false ads and continuing to engage in deceptive advertising practices
- Court orders requiring the business to include disclosure statements in its advertising moving forward.
If you believe that a product or service that you have purchased was falsely advertised, you can contact our experienced Los Angeles class action attorneys to discuss your rights and potential claims. Call us at (310) 575-2550 or email us using the contact form on this page for a quick response.
With office locations in Los Angeles and San Bernardino, our class action lawyers provide legal service and representation to clients throughout California.